Pages

Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Learn To Be A Risk Taker

Whether you want to be a millionaire, successful in your career or both I believe taking risk will get you there.  I don't think money measures success many of history's great men died poor or in debt yet they contributed so much to our modern day use of electricity, statistics and science.  The point is that whatever your dream is taking risk will most likely be a prerequisite to get what you want.  It may be the only way to get what you want.

When it comes to money taking risk can make some uncomfortable. I try not to live a life that is too safe and predictable.  The security of always having an exact amount of money deposited to your account will not make you rich.  I never have the same amount of money from one day to another because my money is invested and it fluctuates.

I didn't have much growing up so I learned to accept taking risk.  No other feeling compares to that of losing a substantial amount of money.  I do take calculated risks there is no reason to take on more risk than necessary I would not advice making an investment that might leave you broke or in debt.

Risk can make the difference whether you live a simple life or have the power and freedom to live it the way you want to.  Risk well taken and executed can mean that you get to pick the people on your network. 

I like to see how people handle risk I see people pass up incredible opportunities just because they are afraid to take risk and make themselves vulnerable.  I would not pass up opportunities that may only come once in a life time.

You can't be afraid of failure or making a mistake in front of a few people.  Perfection isn't necessary to become wealthy or successful in your career.  I have made plenty of mistakes but I don't worry about them because the people who have seen me make mistakes I am not trying to impress.   Great men like Tesla, Mendel and Santiago Ramon y Cajal made plenty of mistakes yet the people who were rude or doubtful or who ridiculed them did not make history and their names are not mentioned at all.  Those ignorant people didn't matter.  I am glad these innovators did not give up otherwise they would have passed up so much over something so small as the fear of risk taking, failure and ridicule.



             
        Gregor Mendel                                       Nikola Tesla                                Santiago Ramon y Cajal

No comments:

Post a Comment