Pages

Thursday, April 30, 2015

My First Year At The Gym

At about the age of 19 I was invited by a few friends to the gym although it was not my first time I had never gone to the gym on a regular basis.  At that time I was very skinny/bony but I need to clarify that I still had no definition on my body so although I appeared skinny I had some fat (over 10%) covering what little muscle I did have so no vascularity either.  I had no structure, I did some of the exercises the wrong way since no one taught me the right form.  Eventually my friends stopped going and although I was the newbie I was the only one that remained after 3 months.  I admit that I had a lot to learn at the end of that year people could not tell that I worked out neither could I.  The only good thing that I got out of that year was discipline.  Eventually toward the end of that year I started to look for help the bodybuilders told me to pick one or two body parts to work on per day.  I used to work every hammer strength machine everyday that's how clueless I was.  I also did not do much cardio since I would get exhausted quickly I also found it boring.  My diet was also pretty bad I did not know much about biology or nutrition.

Eventually through magazines and questioning the right people I got the right routine, form and somewhat better diet.  It took a second year to see results that is also when I began to understand my body.  I learned about all the muscle groups, proteins as well as amino acids.

An important thing to consider is that if you want to increase muscle mass ask someone who has what you want.  If getting six pack abs is what you want make sure you ask someone who was fat and lost the weight some people are born with a fast metabolism no matter what they eat they will always stay lean.  The last factor that helped me last a whole year in the gym was the fact that I tried to connect I got a few partners to motivate me and push me when I felt lazy.  On my next post I will right a bit about what I learned on my second year and on the world of supplements and later on anabolic steroids.

No comments:

Post a Comment